Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The hard road...

God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

I have always been proud that no matter what, I have always taken the hard road if I thought it was the better option. I never wimped out, I never backed down, I never took the easy way out. Yet lately I have started to question those choices. I have felt tired, burnt out and ready for a few easy roads to travel. There are moments when I feel exhausted, overwhelmed and I really question taking the hard road...but in the end, I am grateful. For while there have been challenges, I feel stronger, and I am pleased with what we have accomplished. Perhaps the work is harder, but the rewards are greater. I have been tested and found in my self more than I knew was there. Recently, I started to take a boot camp exercise class. It is the first fitness I have endeavoured to take in a long time. My muscles are achy and sore and I don't know how I am going to go again tomorrow, but I feel like this class is a metaphor for my life. While I am uncomfortable now, and the thought of getting up in the morning and going to class again is more "Awwww," than "Yipee;" I feel that my life has prepared me for this moment. I can sacrifice momentary comfort, momentary ease, for long term gain. I am hoping to be able to report to all of you, that I am a lean, mean, fighting machine in a few months.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for you! I know you can stick with the bootcamp - good for you!

    ReplyDelete