Monday, November 28, 2011

I learned two important things in the last two days. First, it is not a good idea to go shopping when you are tired, hungry and stressed. After a long day of work, I was exhausted and emotionally drained. It was so cold outside, the kind of cold that covers your skin and then soaks in. All I wanted to do was get a hot meal, some food that would warm me up from my stomach out. By the time the shopping was done I was $20.00 poorer, and all I bought were potato chips, cheezies, popcorn twists, candy bars, and chocolate milk. I didn't have to buy soda because I had some at home already. I then topped it off with some spicy Vietnamese food and spring rolls, but they were extra. By the time I was done, my stomach felt like it would burst, but I was ready for bed. I woke up the next morning with a food hangover. This brought me to the second important lesson I learned recently. Don't start a 5 day cleanse with a baby who has a fever and you are up all night. It is not the best set of circumstances to refrain from solid food, withdraw from caffeine (in the form of soda)and do it all when all I really want to do is nap. Can't wait to see what tomorrow teaches me...

No comments:

Post a Comment